As with every appreciated developer, especially game developers, I have some unfinished personal projects. This is one of them, but it’s worth publishing it since I was working on it while still studying and learning at the university. I started it even before learning OOP, but I gradually stopped developing it due to my studies. Then I learnt OOP and rewrote it almost from scratch. Last time I worked on this game was back in 2011, while I was attending the XNA programming course.
My initial goal was to create a game in which the player had to solve a labyrinth in a given time. I also added enemies, fights, a basic AI, custom UI and even a map editor. These are the features of the last version I had, which I called v0.4.5 alpha:
- 5 playable maps
- Time limit
- You can change map vision state from the console. It’s activated by pressing “C”
- Enemies with basic AI
- You can attack by pressing “K”
- You can run by pressing “L”. Keep on eye on your stamina!
- Three creatures: Human, Crocy and Skel:
- Creature collisions.
- Available for Windows And Linux (required package liballeg4_4 on Linux)
Here some screenshots:
Resources were mostly taken from: http://www.reinerstilesets.de/