In 2011, while I was still in university, I started learning how to develop Android applications as part of my self-learning. This was one of the first apps I made in which I also tried to give my point of view as a game designer, trying to change a little bit of what was already out there. The result of this process was this game, Timed Sudoku. It was also my first experience with Google Play Store (still called Android Market back then) and publishing apps.
Timed Sudoku is a Sudoku game in which you have to play every game with a time limit. If you fail, you don’t have more chances to complete it. This takes the classic Sudoku game to an exciting new level of fun! The games are generated based on the preferences of the player. Depending on the chosen time limit and the chosen difficulty, there will be more or less numbers to fill.
- Randomly generated Sudokus
- 4 difficulty levels
- Custom games
Feel free to download it from
Android Market the Play Store. As of November 2015, 5786 people have downloaded this game.
- v1.2.4 (January 16th, 2014):
- High-end Samsung devices crash has been fixed
- v1.2.3 (January 14th, 2014):
- Minor bugs fixed
- Crash on some Samsung devices fixed.
- v1.2.2 (June 17th, 2012):
- Fixed crash after playing many games.
- Added a dialog when you exit a game if it isn’t over
- v1.2 (September 16 th, 2011):
- New custom game mode
- Visual improvements and optimizations
- v1.1 (July 24th, 2011):
- Improvements on generating games
- v1 (July 22th, 2011):
- Version 1 release.